[Rule-list] Modifying the current anaconda--progress update

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Sat Feb 9 00:49:23 EET 2002

Pietro Abbati Marescotti wrote:

> Marco Fioretti wrote:

> > For example, does it include rlogin/rsh? if so, since we ARE going
> > to put openssh in, do we need them?
>
> Yes, it should. The main (only?) reason is about the final goal of
> this project: if  our goal is to let low-powered pc running redhat, we
> could provide full compatibility with new systems but also with older
> systems....

I think in our *base* install unsecure network tools like rsh should
*not* be installed. If someone does need them she/he can always install
it afterwards, especially if our installer is supposed to use the
original Red Hat Linux CDs. Just for security's sake. Of course not
everyone will agree with it - like those people whining that their
sendmail did no longer accept incoming messages, but that was to close
down all these open mail relays...

> For example: what if an old server (with older tools) should work with
> RHLight ?(mmhh... it could be another name, couldn't it?)

RHLight could only be used by Red Hat, inc. due to trademark issues...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker