[Rule-list] Test: RULE 0.5.3

T. Shannon Gilvary tsg at monmouth.com
Thu Feb 21 04:36:02 EET 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Bryon Gill wrote:
> I humbly second the request for a system that will work with only 8 megs
> of memory.  I recently acquired an Epson laptop (who knew they made
> laptops?!) with a 486 processor and 8 megs ram.  Memory upgrades would
> cost more than the laptop itself, but I would love to run rh7.2 on it
> since that's what I have on all my other boxen.
>
> ____________________________
> Bryon Gill (aka abe ferlman)

I managed to get Slackware 8.0 installed on an AST Ascentia 810N
with 4 MB RAM, one floppy disk no CD-ROM, and no network card.[1]  It
wasn't pretty, it's slower than crap and it runs out of memory on
shutdown when the swap's turned off.  But I know it can be done.

And before you ask, yes, I like Slackware but I'm not a zealot.  I
think choice is good and I would certainly use RH if it worked on this
laptop with a minimum of fuss...

[1] Why? Because they said I couldn't do it...

--
PGP Key Information:
0xEC70D81E T. Shannon Gilvary <tsg at monmouth.com>