[Rule-list] Potential low mem boot disk/installer

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 4 03:28:15 EET 2002

On Sun, 03 Mar 2002 18:55:04 -0500
Devon <devon at tuxfan.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 03 March 2002 06:25 pm, Martin Stricker wrote:
> > Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:
> > > Would it be possible to include 'cfdisk' if room permits.  I feel it
> > > is a far more 'user friendly' format than 'fdisk' and for a newer
> > > user easier to navigate than 'fdisk'.   Just my 2
> > > cents....thanks...Gord
> >
> > Do you have an URL for cfdisk? I would like to look at that software.
> > For now I prefer fdisk over DiskDruid and other tools, but I'm always
> > open for new tools.
>
> cfdisk is part of the util-linux package. Red Hat stopped including it
in
> the rpms, though.
> $ rpm -q util-linux --changelog | grep cfdisk
> - - Don't include cfdisk, since it appears to be an even bigger pile of
> junk than fdisk? :)

 Hi Devon....beg to differ....but maybe you had been using older
versions....cfdisk is all I've been using for quite some time...and it
seems to make nice clean partitions....checked with fdisk after.  I know
some have had trouble with it (overlapping partitions)  but this was just
my experience....and more than anything I was thinking of the
newcomers....myself; I can fumble through an install with fdisk if need