[Rule-list] openssl vesion in RULE

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Mar 15 23:56:59 EET 2002

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> >....do I build against the stock versions that have both been under
> >  fire for security holes or do I build against the updates......
>
> Excellent question. Pending contrary contributions, my answer is:
>
> 1) for now, build it with whatever libraries are more convenient for
>    you, to test functionality, stability, RAM usage, etc...
>
> 2) The final RPM should be built for a completely updated RH 7.2
> system.

Could you also try to bild it dynamically linked to the version on the
stock CDs and try if that binary works with the updated version or vice
versa, whatever might work? We cannot assume a specific version, so it
would make sense to be flexible - if nothing else works, provide both
versions.

> I already had the intention to open a task asking to whoever has
> bandwidth and server space to put the ISOs for standard RH 7.2 _ all
> the official RH updates online, and to build from those the official
> version of RULE.

I have downloaded the whole bunch of updates (with the exception of
unneeded kernel architectures and that kde-i18n junk, but I can get
that, too). Sadly I don't have bandwidth nor space to put it up, but I
can mail you the burned CD. It's already 500 MB...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/