[Rule-list] new entry w/suggestions

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Wed Mar 20 23:42:43 EET 2002

Joack at gmx.net wrote:

> 1) As to the logo.

> I suggest a tux hugging a ruler. Goes with the project name and shows
> that size is the idea?

Since you're from Germany, too, you might know the image from c't (maybe
the best existing computer magazine) where a Tux is squeezed into a
laptop. I'd like this with a definitely *old* looking PC.

Another suggestion: These Russian dolls (cannot remember the name right
now) where you open it and there's a smaller one inside and an even
smaller in that and so forth... Do that with a Tux or a PC or both.
Motto: One Linux fits all PC sizes!

> 2)The desktop: how about xfce it's smaler than the two big ones, but
> allows for KDE as well as GNOME apps.

Was already suggested in the beginning. We would have to test it on old
hardware to see how slow it gets. I'm especially thinking of your i386
with 4 or 8 MB RAM...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Moeh for Kanzler! ;-) http://www.yes-moeh.de/index/