[Rule-list] PC #12 insmod anyone?---SUCCESS(sort of)

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 23 07:52:12 EET 2002

> link can't be created. But, you probably don't want to do that anyway.
> You probably want to do something like:
> 'ln -s /dev/sbpcd0 /dev/cdrom'

Yup did that and works......cd'd to /dev and did ls -alF....link shows
up...never tried mounting there...guess I should have whilst I was there.
Will try again in  the AM...and advise of trouble...

> out, and provide the output of:
> (this would be after you boot and have the module loaded)
> cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info | grep "drive name"

Drive name:  sbpcd

> be enough to be useful. After the script begins prompting about packages

> to install, the file is located in /root/scripts/variables.

CDROM_DEV=/dev/hdc
INSTALL_DEV=/dev/hdb
partition_tool=cfdisk
SWAP_DEV=/dev/hdb1
ROOT_DEV=/dev/

That's all there was....never got to prompting...just to the formatting.

Later...G