[Rule-list] ssh, was:nfs daemon problem

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Apr 26 16:50:01 EEST 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 08:36:30 at 08:36:30AM -0400, Michael Fratoni wrote:

> ssh _clients_ are installed as part of the network packages. It could be
> moved to base packages, I suppose. I just don't see the need for ssh on a
> machine that has no network connection. :)
>
> The ssh package selection adds the ssh server.

Right on both points. I have looked in the archives after my original
post, and found that we concluded that in the network package (not in
the base one) telnet/ftp should be dropped for good in favour of ssh.

		RULE project leader
--
THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF SUCCESS THAT CAN COMPENSATE FOR FAILURE
AT HOME.