[Rule-list] Re:modified scripts Suggestion: Keep mount info

chris clark clarkcd at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 6 15:02:02 EEST 2002

While you're tweaking, how about keeping mount info?

If I recall correctly, during installs, the
 partitioning stage forgets mount points. Is this
unavoidable?

Ideally, I'd like it to be able to detect the old
mount points whenever I install over an existing
linux system, but if that's impractical, is it at least
possible to remember long enough to back up
and reallocate partitions during install?

When installing over an existing linux system, why
not attempt to read /etc/fstab?

we could try mounting each linux partition as if it were either / or etc, and look for fstab.

Is this a reasonable idea?