[Rule-list] Failed Miniconda Install

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 03:00:49 EEST 2002

Arthur Yarwood wrote:

> This is the same error I was getting when I tried Redhat's own
> installer. I'm guessed this was due to my lack of ram (only got
> 32Megs). Although could Miniconda also be running out of ram? Or is
> this likely to be some other conflict?

Miniconda is most likely to crash whenever the Red Hat installer (called
anaconda) crashes, because miniconda is a modification of anaconda
(hence the name) done by Michael Fratoni. Signal 11 suggests a RAM
problem, could you just for confirmation try again with 7.1 or 7.2, just
to see if they still work? I had a similar problem with my 5.5 year old
P166-MMX system (not sure from memory if it threw signal 11 or just
froze). From the messages on VT3 and VT4 plus a bit hardware-shoveling I
finally found out that 7.2 (ana|mini)conda choked on my Teac 10x CD-ROM
drive. Slinky, however, worked fine. So, either try slinky or 8.0.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/