[Rule-list] "Red Hat" label effect

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Thu Oct 31 16:06:31 EET 2002

Hello All

Marco Fioretti wrote
> In other words, RH created an environment that made several SW
> vendors, and their corporate customers, comfortable with moving to
> Linux.

As a novice I am very grateful that so many things are being aired here.

Allow two simple examples: 1 An international school in Paris will host a
small IT conference. In reply to my proposal to share what Rule is doing to
Redhat, the response was anything turning Redhat to Red nose has my vote. 2
Mentioning what Rule is doing to Redhat on a Greek Linux list was dismissed
with "Slackware already does it".

The first came from a group who knows little but wants to know more, the
second from a very savvy bunch - re Linux.

Richard