[RULE] Re: Off Topic Question

gregory mott gmott at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 5 01:22:58 EET 2003

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 13:55, Raymundo Baquirin wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 December 2002 19:36, you wrote:
> > From: "Joe Sprankle" <joes at primarycolor.com>
> > Subject: [RULE] Off Topic Question
> >
> > I am trying to install RedHat on a laptop with no floppy or CDROM....
> > joe
>
> I've done this a few times except I don't use lilo.  Instead I use loadlin
> (or linld for 2.4 kernels) to boot vmlinuz and point it to an initrd and/or
> root file system.  The necessary files all reside in the windows or dos
> partition. If you want to look into this, there are details of the process in
> a couple of my posts to this list (one of them quite recent).
> HTH,
> Ray

i would like to do this also, and could not find your posts.  could you
repost, or send to me, or send me pointer?

it is complicated by the need to install via a pcmcia nic.  with
anaconda, it seems it ought to be possible to prepare an initrd that has
what i need, but anaconda insists on reading pcmcia drivers from an
actual floppy, so would i have to hack the anaconda source?  would
miniconda or slinky do me better?

thank you,
-greg