[RULE] Webpage

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue May 6 19:27:37 EEST 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 14:30:12 at 02:30:12PM +0200, Ingo Lantschner  ingo at vum.at  wrote:
> Hi,
> Someone from Switzerland has written to us that he wants to help. I
> asked him to support us by finishing these boxes for zambia.  So he
> looked at the rule-webpage and suggested to orden it a little bit and to
> put it into a CMS.
>
> So for me the rule-hp is fine, but may be others would like to have it
> in a CMS and so if there is someone who wants to do it, why not? On the
> other side, I do not know this guy for long, I do not know how relaiable
> he is etc. So I first want to here your opinion. Pls. let me know if I
> should put him into contact with you.

1) What is a CMS? Content Management System or something else?
2) Any help is welcome, do tell this guy to contact me. When it comes
to the website structure, however, it doesn't make really sense that
he and I alone decide what is missing and what should be changed. He
should really subscribe here, maybe just temporarily, and then we all
talk it out. When it comes to actually managing the website, the truth
of the matter is that we created a rule-webmasters list about one year
ago, but since I was / am the only one with time to put stuff online,
nothing came out of it but nice ideas.

I do agree that it is a shame that the whole website has to rely on me
finding five minutes every three weeks to update things, and, again,
help is appreciated, but:

1) how the website should be laid out
2) what tools should be used to implement 1)
3) *who* has enough time and skills to step in and actually do it

are three separate things (even if, of course, if nobody else answers
to 3) we remain as we are :-( )

   Later,

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Reality is an illusion - perception is what counts.