[RULE] Getting screenshots of miniconda/slinky

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Jun 6 02:33:20 EEST 2003

Michael Fratoni wrote on 02. Apr 2003:

> On Tuesday 01 April 2003 10:41 pm, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > There is an interesting RH9 review at www.gurulabs.com
> > Among other things it says that now it is easier, especially for
> > those writing documentation, to get printouts (in which format?)
> > of the installation screens (SHIFT+PrintScrn).
> >
> > Is this possible with miniconda/slinky? I'm (very slowly :-( )
> > reading through Richard's submissions and the comments he got, to
> > release an updated install guide, but adding screenshots to it
> > would be really nice, wouldn't it?
>
> Miniconda (Once it exists for Red Hat 9) should be able to do this.
>
> For slinky, it's not likely. (I'd have to add it, and disk and memory
> sapce are at a premium.)

I know I'm still *waaaay* behind... (two months - giggle)
The screenshot feature in slinky isn't usually needed for real installs,
but mostly for test installs. So an ISO image especially for this
purpose might be a good idea. On the other hand - I wish I could just
make a screen shot (or just save all the text on the screen into a file)
when I'm struck by an error...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/