[RULE] Re: Install Report (slinky 3.95 with Red Hat variant)

Jason Bechtel jasonbechtel at care2.com
Tue Jul 8 15:52:01 EEST 2003

Ray,

What architecture do you have?  What kind of
processor is in your system?  If you don't have
an i686 or better, then you shouldn't install the
i686 packages.  If you *do* have an i686 or
better processor, then why is rpm complaining?
Perhaps there is a setting in a configuration
file somewhere?

Why did you use the "--root" option to rpm?  You
made it look for the rpm repository in a
non-existant directory (/dev/hd/...).  Just do

 rpm -ivh --force pkg.rpm

Jason