[RULE] Shorewall - the perfect Firewall for Slinky-installed Systems

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Dec 29 18:15:42 EET 2003

At 09:22 12/29/2003, Ingo Lantschner wrote:
>just wanted to inform all Users of Slinky, that there is a perfect
>addition to Slinky-installed systems: Shorewall from
>http://shorewall.sourceforge.net/ installes fine and without any
>dependency-problems on Slinky 0.3.97. Its easy to configure through 3 or 4
>simple textfiles in /etc/shorewall.

I've been using Shorewall since version 1.2.7. It works beautifully, is
easy and simple to configure, and the author not only spends considerable
time improving it but also does a great job of providing (slightly grumpy)
support on the users' mailing list.

Excellent program... I now have it running on over 60 Linux boxes and has
become my only tool for configuring iptables.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com