[RULE] New download area for RULE

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Wed Jun 9 00:49:36 EEST 2004

"M. Fioretti" wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 12:18:24 PM -0400, Paul Nijjar
>  pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca  wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, M. Fioretti wrote:
> >
> > > Please have a look at http://www.rule-project.org/download/
> > >
> > > I just divided it into: (this as basis for the corresponding
> > > webpage):
> > >
> > >  RedHat_9/        (or, to be added, RH8, RH7, Feddora Core_n...)
> > >               RPMs or anything else which is only valid/useable
> > >               for that specific distro version
> >       If the intent is to store a bunch of RPMs here,
>
> Not only RPMs: config scripts, config files, whatever that, for any
> reason, works for only one distro. Even because when we grow short of
> space, or tired to support one version, we close/remove that folder
> and that's it. This was the rationale to make it that way.
>
> >This will reduce clutter and make it clearer how to find what
> > they should be looking for
>
> My intention is to make clear (asap) what is where from the
> "download" web section", I wasn't planning to let people directly
> wander around those folder if they don't really want to. What do
> you think?

Sounds reasonable. Just one thing: Don't use RedHat_9 or FedoraCore_2
but RHL9 and FC2. That way we will avoid any trademark issue.

If you have things in a slinky version, make sure it would work for
other slinky versions before throwing it into RHL9, otherwise it should
stay with the slinky version it belongs to.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 9 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/