[RULE] Reducing disk usage

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Tue Jun 15 17:14:19 EEST 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 09:15:48 AM -0400, Ingraham, Ed
 edward.ingraham at siemens.com  wrote:

> >You might want to take a look at this script, which should help
> >in these cases: http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=20
>
> I didn't grasp the application of this vacuum script.  Perhaps
> someone could add a paragraph to the description.

I haven't used it myself for more than a year, but, as far as I
remember, the point is that you install, say, an RPM containing 1000
files. Then you say in a list "I don't need these 500 files" and it
not just removes them, but can do it (semi) automatically when you
upgrade the RPM, which will bring you up to 1000 files again. And it
can do it for all your packages.

HTH,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think
about.						B. L. Whorf

Rule-list at rule-project.org