[RULE] Attempt 3: Toshiba Satellite 115CS

Ingraham, Ed edward.ingraham at siemens.com
Thu Jun 24 16:33:22 EEST 2004

On Wed Jun 23 14:29:59 CDT 2004, daworm at comcast.net wrote:

> I do think the pcmcia/network install process needs a little cleaning up,
> which is part of the reason I am detailing each step so minutely, so I
> can easily reproduce it and hopefully figure out how to modify the
> install scripts accordingly.

> Anyway, it would be something to help the next guy down the line
> that wants to get some functionality out of an old laptop.

Let me encourage you to continue!

I would have used this method to install on my old notebook, but
being new to Linux, I felt that pcmcia and networking were too much
to take on without a good description.

On a notebook like mine (no floppy, no cdrom), this is the ideal way
to install (starting from the RH cds). Instead I "cheated" by
preloading the HD with the 2 img's and 2 iso's before running setup.sh

I'll certainly volunteer to test your procedure or scripts when you
are satisfied with them. I'd like to continue to recommend Linux (and
RULE install) among people who have these notebooks (Itronix XC6000).

Ed

Rule-list at rule-project.org