[RULE] Attempt 3: Toshiba Satellite 115CS

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Sun Jun 27 02:10:07 EEST 2004

It looks like you are right about the RPMS not making it.  When it
downloads the RPMS it should take a while (even on a LAN).  With each
RPM it loads, you should see a line announcing the install of the RPM,
and then some status bars.  Sort of like this:

getting rpm: (blah blah) foo.rpm
Download: ################################################# 100%
Install:  ###############################                    60%

(I can't remember the exact words.)

Unfortunately, Slinky is unable to detect when the RPMS did not actually
load... so it just trudges along acting like everything is OK -- but you
get error messages exactly like you described.  :-)

Possible problems:
1. Network could PING ok, but perhaps you didn't actually have
permission to do an ftp logon to the server.  (Unlikely, I was able to
do an anonymous login to the server, using the path you gave me.)
2. Perhaps (most likely) there is an error in your path.  Remember when
the instructions asked for the "/PATH/TO/RPMS/"... did you put a
trialing '/'?  You have to or it doesn't work.
3. Inspect the announcements for the RPMS that it's trying to pull.  Can
you see anything obviously wrong with the path?

HTH,
Gabriel

Rule-list at rule-project.org