[RULE] Mini-KDE now Qt install

david jamison david.jamison1 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 20 23:22:26 EEST 2004

> i'm not a qt expert or anything but chances are, if you're just trying
> to install an RPM that has a qt app, you don't need gcc or glibc-devel.
>
> if you're actually trying to write a qt app, or compile (aka "make") a
> qt app, then you probably do need gcc, glibc-devel, glibc-kernheaders,
> and qt-devel. you may also need libstdc++-devel, et. al...
>
> (kernel-headers is provided by glibc-kernheaders, not kernel)

Im installing Qt really to work on the mini-KDE and Marco had suggested
just using all of Qt (see archive). So this is maybe a chicken and egg
situation in that do I need to sort out Qt before even thinking about
working on the KDE? (!!)

In other words Im wondering

a. how many of the dependancies for Qt is actually needed to build KDE?
Or perhaps
b. how many depndancies for Qt are needed to build Qt to allow me to
work on a KDE build or
c. should I be working on the KDE build on the Mandrake box which is
running Qt or
d. am i making this too complicated! (but im pretty sure the RULE box
will need some bits of Qt)

Best Wishes

David

Rule-list at rule-project.org