[RULE] APT, YUM or URPMI on RULE, was: Mini-KDE

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Wed Jul 21 10:23:20 EEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 15:19:42 PM -0400, Peter E. Popovich
 peter at popovich.net  wrote:

> why give up anaconda?

because anaconda came to be the first real bottleneck: if you try to
run it on less than 32 or 64 (I don't remember) MB of RAM it will
abort. Even if the packages it exists to place on disk could live in
that environment. The installer (used just once, by definition) limits
more than the packages to use daily: ugly as sin, engineering wise,
and just what originally started RULE.

> and, why not just snag the RULE-compliant RPMs from RH or fedora,
> mix in your mini-kde RPMS, and build a custom yum repository for
> RULE?
Replace "snag" with "point to" (no need to duplicate working stuff)
and the above is pretty much where I too hope to arrive some day.

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds
discuss people.                            -- Admiral Hyman Rickover

Rule-list at rule-project.org