[RULE] Bare-bones Server HOWTO Update

Oisin Feeley ofeeley at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 20:59:19 EET 2005

--- "Rodolfo J. Paiz" <rpaiz at simpaticus.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I would appreciate
> it if anyone who cares to review the "Bare-bones
> Server HOWTO" and check
> out the package removal recommendations would be so
> kind as to wander
> around the site for a minute or so (time enough to
> see every page on the
> site, really) and comment on the navbar's
> functionality and ease-of-use.

Hi Rodolfo,
after just the quickest of checks on the "Bare-bones
Server HOWTO" it seemed that all of the subsections
were accessed correctly from the side navbar (referred
to as the left sidebar in your source).

However, the side navbar's fixed placement at the top
of a single page of HTML (instead of either a
multi-page structure or a "floating" navbar) means
that ease-of-use is a little diminished if one wants
to jump around to subsections.

The top navbar displays the following available HOWTOs
for the /Home/Linux subdirectory:

Bare-Bones Server HOWTO
Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO
DNS First Steps

Yet the sidebar shows the following:

  Sendmail SMTP-AUTH HOWTO
  Simple Mailserver HOWTO
  Small Netserver HOWTO
  DNS First Steps

Shouldn't they both show the same information at this
level?

Hope the above feedback is helpful.  Thanks for
writing these documents.
Oisin Feeley

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com