[Rule] RULE-Project for the Intel Dot.Station

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at hellug.gr
Mon Feb 13 14:33:33 EET 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:22:14 -0600
"Alexandro Colorado" <jza at openoffice.org> wrote:

> Hi I am new to the list, I wonder if there has been any discussion of
> getting the RULE Project on some Internet Appliances such as the Intel
> Dot.Station.

Hello and welcome. Yes, although I don't specifically remember the Intel
Dot.Station being mentioned here before, many such devices can benefit from the work done in the RULE project.

> I have been investigating on the hardware specs and some linux hack sites.
> However my main question relies on what kind of X does the RULE Project
> Runs. Since X seems to be the major stoper for the 64mb ram machine.

Agreed.

> Is there a way to get on with an alternative X such as a Tiny-X and a
> slimer window manager such as fluxbox.

Absolutely. Tiny-X is now known as k-drive and you can find a tar file in the download section of our site for it whch should be decompressed at the / level in a Fedora (RULE or otherwise) install so that the various files are placed in /opt. There is also a short script that sets up the link from /usr/X11R6/bin/X to XVesa in a subdirectory of /opt (or you could do it manually.)

Richard