[Rule] RULE-Project for the Intel Dot.Station

John Lundin lundin at fini.net
Mon Feb 13 17:15:32 EET 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 01:13:54PM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:
> Another option would be XFCE which is not just a window manager but a
> complete desktop environment like Gnome, KDE and CDE. Sadly, IIRC it has
> been removed from newer Fedora Core versions.

It's still in extras. Not obvious to configure for the novice, and
applications don't show up automatically, but switchdesk works once
you load the relevant rpms. I use fc4+xfce on my laptop.

Bookmarked:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/diego_figueroa/xfce/ (old)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-June/msg02450.html
(the thread of which eventually winds up with
 yum install 'xcfe*' xffm  # which btw loads (at least) 49 rpms, ~30M.
)

At one point we talked about ubuntu-based rule, so this may also be of
interest: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu