[Rule] New Slinky page and packages

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 06:12:35 EET 2006

Hello Marco, et. al.,

I visited the link given below, and eventually found in the text the
links for the newest 0.5.04 slinky version. May I suggest a
boldly-highlighted link near the top of the page that says something
like, "Get the Latest SLINKY Version Here!"? The current organization
is logical, but possibly confusing to people with a lesser command of
English or who (like me!) are impatient or maybe not fully awake...

Also, I clicked on the link entitled "RULE ISO images" on this page
(top navigation box, right-hand side, Marco Fioretti author, lavender
color) as I was exploring. It took me to the correct page (article 32,
title RULE ISO images). When I click on the first text link entitled
"Slinky installer"
(http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=50)on that page,
I receive an "Error 404" (page not found) response.

Is it possible to personalize the standard error response pages under
SPIP? If so, the Error pages might be a good place to put a link to
the webmaster's email address. That way visitors could send a quick
note when they spot a problem.

Sorry to have been so quiet lately. The "new job hassles" are finally
starting to settle in to a more regular rhythm. Hopefully this will
give me more time to contribute in the near future. Indeed, walking
home from the metro station on Friday evening after leaving work at
22h00 (ouch) I discovered a Packard-Bell P166/32MB/1.7GB Win95 PC left
on the sidewalk. This is pretty typical Parisian behavior for dealing
with "old stuff that someone else might want" (I also got a sturdy
wicker chair). I left the monitor for someone else (I have two, and
space is limited here) but I took the computer. It works fine. Must be
an omen that it is time to give the latest Slinky a test! I'll report
back once I've had a chance to do so.

Regards
C David Rigby