[Rule] Announcing Slinky 0.5.05

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Fri Apr 7 07:10:08 EEST 2006

Hello all,

First of all, sorry for the confusion. I meant to add a question mark
to the subject of my email, but my finger slipped. With respect to
this:

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 08:39:36 AM +0200, C David Rigby
 c.david.rigby at gmail.com  wrote:
> I concur with Franz. ...I think we could definitely make significant
> improvements with modest investments of time.
[...]

Of course there is nothing to hurry for. However, what I was really
thinking is "is it ok to announce the latest slinky *without* raising
big expectations, that is as an alpha version for which more testers
are welcome"?

In other words, I agree with David and Franz, I only wanted to invite
more testers to help us *if* you think it's OK. Also because,
personally, I have no PC to test slinky right now. My old laptop is
dead. My desktop fell apart over Christmas and (due to living room
remodeling) has been replaced by one small HTPC kind of box with AMD
x64 CPU and no floppy which, for several reasons, I have to keep on
full time doing non RULE stuff.

So just let me know if you think an external announcement for
developers/testers only could help right now.

Regardless of the announcement, this weekend I will continue to
re-order the slinky pages on the website, which would also make much
easier for other developers to jump in and contribute. Any help is
welcome.

NOTE for Franz: On this issue, it would really be much more efficient
if you could join as co-editor on those pages, that is add any new
Slinky content (also) there yourself from now on. I and David would of
course always be available for support!

In the meantime, I have already uploaded all the latest slinky files
for Fedora 5 here:

	www.rule-project.org/download/fedora_core_5/slinky-0.5.05

Oh, before I forget, this link is a 404:
http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/build_configs/busybox-1.1.9.config

Ciao and thanks,

	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
					      Ralph Nader