[Rule] slinky and pcmcia network card problem

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jul 24 00:56:37 EEST 2006

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 22:38:10 +0200,
  Franz Zahaurek <fzk at fzk.at> wrote:

> What do you mean with "doesn't seem to work".

I was seeing timeouts when I tried to use it RH 6.2. I normally don't
have it plugged in since the floppy drive is more useful. I suspect it
could be dirty contacts or something outside of the control of the rule
developers. It does impact how I might make the modules available. I have
two of these laptops and I didn't test the cd drive that is in the other
bag recently, so that one may work.

> I try to upload a new slinky-version within the next days
> but I have no hardware to test pcmcia.

I'll probably do a bit more work trying to work with what I've got.
Otherwise I'll try the new version that you upload. I am going on a trip
late in the week (which is what spurred me to look at upgrading the OS
on the laptops), but if I don't get to it before I leave, I'll try again
when I get back.

> Thank you for your feedback.

Thanks for developing rule. It will be nice to get a modern linux distro
on those old laptops.