[Rule] new version slinky-0.5.05c

MS jmstanfield at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 9 18:39:42 EEST 2006

Bruno Wolff III emailed this:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 15:03:20 +0100,
>   MS <jmstanfield at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Franz Zahaurek emailed this:
>>> I now uploaded the new version slinky-0.5.05c to http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/
>>> Mostly the size of the ramdisk has been enlarged from 2M to 16M and can hold
>>> all modules.
>> Hi Franz,
>>
>> Is there a tutorial available giving step-by-step installation
>> instructions for slinky-0.5.05c?
>>
>> I'm keen to install but am a bit daunted by the diagrams, and *frankly*
>> don't really know where to start beyond making a boot floppy.
>
> If you are talking about installing fedora with slinky, that should be easy.
> Just write the floppy, boot with it and follow the directions. I hope to
> test this tonight.
>
> Building your own customized slinky seems to be a lot more work.

Thanks Franz. I didn't realize it was that easy! The PC it's for is a
266MHz with 64MB RAM, do you think it'll run ok? Red Hat 7.2 currently
installed on the same PC works fine.

Will you let me know if your test tonight goes well and, if not, tell me
to wait for the next update.

Many thanks and regards,

Matthew