[Rule] Website recovery report

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 14:32:25 EEST 2006

Hello Marco, et. al.,

I do feel a bit responsible for the SPIP difficulties as I was involved in
recommending it a while back when we discussed the move to a CMS for the
website. I've learned a bit since then, and I am in agreement with you about
SPIP's shortcomings. I found it awkward to use when I was working on
creating the installation report template.

I've used drupal a bit before and liked it. I have no objection to whatever
you wish to use. I am also glad to help at this stage. I'm more-or-less
settled in the new residence in Singapore, finally. I've yet to find a job,
so I can devote some time to helping with the conversion to a new site
package.

Questions:

Do you want to broadly consider other CMS packages, or are you happy with
Drupal?

Do you want me to take a closer look at errors with SPIP? If so:
     will I need shell access to the server?
     can you post the error messages here?
     have you posted the error messages to a SPIP list?

Would you like for me to look into converting the XML output of SPIP into a
Drupal format?

Happy to help with anything else at this point.

Regards,
C D Rigby