[Rule] The RULE website is back!

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at hellug.gr
Fri Dec 1 12:20:06 EET 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 00:06:25 +0100
"M. Fioretti" <mfioretti> wrote:
snip
> OK for less top level categories then, with maybe one exception.
> Mapped to the current CMS, what Richard proposed becomes:
>
> The left bar will only contain, above the "user login box", three
> entries:
>
> 1) General info on the project (includes snapshots, slideshows...)
> 2) Documentation & Support
> 3) News (what was in the old site left bar)
>
> where item 2 will be a link to "a second welcome page having the
> categories:"
>
> 2a) End user documentation (install guide, etc..)
> 2b) Developer documentation (slinky internals, customization guides)
> 2c) Support (link to mailing list, the RULE network to send CDs by snail mail..)
> 2d) The RULE test database, with all the install reports
> 2e) Specific RULE software tools/subprojects:
>         mini-kde, slinky-detect
>
> The only thing I don't see fitting in this structure is 2e.  Mini-Kde
> _may_ fit under top item 2 but Slinky-detect, for example, is not
> "Documentation and support", is a separate thing.
>
> How to deal with it? A 4th "Tools" top level entry?

Hi again

What I had in mind is that there are many ways we can help (and be helped) the visitor. (We regulars know what we want when going to the site.) So, in the general idea of "help and be helped" are documentation, tests, support, and tools-all of which are on the second welcome page.

There are two more things: the list, with its archives and subscribing and our download area. May I suggest that they too go as items on welcome number 2?

Richard