[Rule] The RULE website is back!

Arrigo Marchiori dido at quipo.it
Fri Dec 1 12:17:56 EET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:06:25AM +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:

> 1) General info on the project (includes snapshots, slideshows...)
> 2) Documentation & Support
> 3) News (what was in the old site left bar)
>
> where item 2 will be a link to "a second welcome page having the
> categories:"
>
> 2a) End user documentation (install guide, etc..)
> 2b) Developer documentation (slinky internals, customization guides)
> 2c) Support (link to mailing list, the RULE network to send CDs by snail mail..)
> 2d) The RULE test database, with all the install reports
> 2e) Specific RULE software tools/subprojects:
>         mini-kde, slinky-detect
>
> The only thing I don't see fitting in this structure is 2e.  Mini-Kde
> _may_ fit under top item 2 but Slinky-detect, for example, is not
> "Documentation and support", is a separate thing.
>
> How to deal with it? A 4th "Tools" top level entry?

I think this is good. Programs like mini-kde and slinky-detect (and slinky
itself?) could go in the "Tools" section, while all "written text", like
manuals, howtos, docs, etc. could go in the "Documentation & support".

In this way, the "Documentation & support" would tell how to use the
"Tools".

--
rigo

http://rigo.altervista.org