[Rule-list] Removing unneded locales

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue Apr 2 01:12:59 EEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 14:06:37 at 02:06:37PM -0600, hairylarry at deltaboogie.com wrote:

> Does anyone know how to not install unneeded locale and keyboard
> files? Again, I wouldn't want to do this with the standard install but it
> may be a way to save disk space on a minimum install.

Larry,

I have noticed this also, since RH 6.0, IIRC. There *are* a lot of
directories and files that are left around.

My suggestion about this is to let the standard RPM packages put them
there, and remove the unneeded stuff at the end of the install with
some script (for $lang in `uninstalled languages` rm.....)

Yes, it *is* suboptimal and ugly.

The reason for this suggestion is that otherwise we should repackage
and above all maintain all the RPMs that create them in the first
place: in this way instead we let RH maintain only one set of
packages, but clean up right after they have cluttered the disk...

		RULE project leader

--
Reality is an illusion - perception is what counts.