[RULE] About French translation and web page readability

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Feb 14 06:01:52 EET 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 21:54:22 at 09:54:22PM +0100, Alan Le Corre  alan.lecorre at wanadoo.fr  wrote:
> First question : Do you really want to keep the menu at the top and the bottom
> of the pages ?
> Perhaps you'll think it is just a detail, but in my opinion only one menu at
> the left should be better.

Originally, the reason to have duplicated menus on top and bottom was
to guarantee faster navigation, even on pages longer than the screen,
without using frames. Now that everything is scripted properly, ie my
txt2php script (check the sw map) works well enough, it would be no
real problem to change the layout, but the original reasons still
hold, I believe. It's not a dogma, of course.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one
wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering
if something could have materialized -- and never knowing.  --
				     David Viscott