[RULE] Second attempt via FTP on Toshiba Satellite 115CS

Da Worm DaWorm at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 04:16:37 EEST 2003

On 4/6/2003 at 5:07 PM Michael Fratoni wrote:

>If you wouldn't mind, could you try using the new image?
>http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/rule/slinky/slinky-v0.3.6.1/pcmcia.img

Ok, I went ahead and used the one on the floppy.  I did get some errors, but the last few lines looked encouraging, as I see a MAC address.  Some of the lines scrolled off, but here's what I see...

config error, fil 'config' line 2129: no function bindings
executing: 'modprobe 8390'
+ insmod: 8390.o: no module by that name found
executing: 'modprobe pcnet_cs'
+ insmod: pcnet_cs.o: no module by that name found

After the first these last two failures, it tried again using files on the floppy, and these seemed to work.

I'm off to try the install script now...

Jeff.