[RULE] About the screenshot tool

Jason Bechtel jasonbechtel at care2.com
Mon May 12 04:02:08 EEST 2003

I used to do screen shots with

   xwd | convert ...

which only required ImageMagick.  Where does
netpbm come into play?

Now, if ImageMagick requires gtkhtml, and that
requires a bunch of gtk stuff, that doesn't
convince me that it's worse than pulling in Perl
unnecessarily.  Gtk is probably already required
for certain other apps.  I'd be interested to see
exactly what the entire recursive list of
dependencies comes to for ImageMagick.

Jason