[RULE] other distros

Ingo Lantschner (Lists) ingo.lists at vum.at
Wed Apr 27 13:58:28 EEST 2005

Richard Kweskin wrote:

> Now that we
> have a working version of Slinky for the latest Fedora (I will have
> more to write to this list on this) what is preventing anyone from
> adapting the same process with other distros?
It is not necesary, or let me say more precisely "Slinky" is not needed
for Debian. See
http://www.binonabiso.com/en/Ubuntu-miniRAM-HOWTO.html

With Debian the problem is not, how to convince the installer to run on
low-memory-systems, as it was (and still is) the problem with Redhat and
FC. But all the work we have done to make the installed and running
system a working desktop (server, ...) is still valid. In the above
mentioned Howto for Debian/Ubuntu you will find many tricks taken over
from this list here, and having been documented in the vum:BOX-Handbook
which had been written for Redhat 9.

But again, the focuss is an other and therefore the process is diffrent ...

Regards, ingo.

--
Ingo Lantschner
T (+43-1) 59 55 766